Running Assessments Done By Physiotherapists Who Run Marathons
There are many ways to improve your running to enjoy it more and perform better.
At Northwest Physiotherapy Group, we love to help people achieve their goals and stay active and injury free. In particular, we have a strong passion for helping clients achieve their running goals, no matter how big or small they may be.
Did you know that research shows 42% of people who are training for a running event don’t make it to the starting line due to injury? (Willy R. , 2017)
And that a further 16-33% complete the running event while suffering with pain or injury. (Willy R. , 2017)
Are you looking at starting a running program or training for an event? Or do you simply want to ensure that your running technique and posture are optimal to help prevent injury and maximise performance?
Whatever stage you are at, a detailed running assessment is a great starting point to test for any postural, biomechanical or musculoskeletal deficiencies that may negatively impact your running and expose you to injury.
Our running assessments include:
- A comprehensive running analysis. This involves the use of video and running app software for more in-depth and accurate assessment of your posture and biomechanics.
- Functional screening tests. We will assess all of the key measures of strength, flexibility, range of motion, muscle activation and function most related to running.
- A detailed report with recommendations will be emailed to you to clearly identify the steps required for you to run with confidence, improve your efficiency and strength and reduce your risk of injury.
- Time for assessment is 1hr and a further 1hr is allocated for compilation of the report.
- Standard cost of the running assessment is $220, which includes the detailed report. Request a booking through the form below, however, and you will receive 50% off your initial running assessment.
If you would like to get further information about the details of our running analysis, you can read our comprehensive report on the Biomechanics of Running.This report will give you insight into the key postural and biomechanical considerations required for optimal running.
If you are still unsure whether or not you are achieving some of these key elements, a running assessment with one of our physiotherapists can greatly assist with this.
Want To Run With Optimal Performance and Avoid Injury?
Simply contact us through the form below to request a booking and receive your 50% discount.
If you would like any further information or to speak to one of our physiotherapists about your specific circumstances, please call our rooms (9370 5654) and we will look forward to assisting you.
Willy, R. (2017). Webinar - treatment of runners and running retraining. East Carolina
Book in Your Running Assessment Today